Linux has come a long way during the past couple of years and Linux support of DVR products is no exception. Instead of adding more memory, more hard drive space, & more CPU horsepower, just to run the Operating System, we have a better solution. Just imagine having the Operating System, DVR software and Web Server all contained on a 256 mb Flash Memory Chip! This is a full-feature DVR that can support from 1 to 16 cameras, including support for Pan-Tilt-Zoom, Remote Viewing, Email alerts, and Watchdog protection. The internal hard drive is used for video storage only. If this hard drive fails, you will not lose the Operating System nor any custom configuration settings. Therefore, replacing the hard drive requires only a couple of minutes! You can say Goodbye to re-loading the OS DVDs, trying to find and load the mainboard drivers, Re-registering with Microsoft, loading 100s of megabytes of Windows Updates, plus loading the virus protection of the day. You simply replace the drive, format it, and you are back in business!
Advantages of using our Linux-Powered DVRs:
- Eliminates the requirement to purchase individual Windows™ licenses
- Eliminates the stability problems related to using Windows™
- Eliminates the need for constant software, security & Anti-virusupdates
- Operating System, DVR software & Web server contained on one flash-type chip. No moving parts!
- Hard drive replacement may be accomplished in a matter of minutes! No software to reload or update!
- Compatible with all CCTV cameras, including multiple brands of PTZ
- Easy to operate. Same user interface and same features as a typical Windows™ powered DVR.
- Easy to upgrade. Up to 4 individual cards may be added for a total of 16 video channels.
- VPON Network DVR Firmware in a DOM (Disk On Module)
- Simple and smart operation with IR remote control
- Up to 30 fps on each camera for local monitoring
- Adjustable recording quality for each camera
- Two-way audio transmission
- 1 / 4 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 13 / 16 split-screen display.
- Control well known brand PTZ Cameras
- Different PTZ devices can work on same serial bus NEW!
- System log and Operation log support NEW!
- Record / display / playback simultaneously
- Local playback of recorded video on VGA or TV monitor
- Remote live monitoring and playback from PC browser
- High video quality and low data rate
- Multiple video compression engines: MPEG4, H.263, JPEG, M-JPEG